The Resurrection

Welcome to the trial resurrection of shellspace. As you can see, I haven't posted to this blog since 2006! MANY things have happened since that time. 2 years ago I was an accountant about to turn brand new Bible worker not sure what I was getting myself into. Since then life has taken me from TN to TX to CA and now to AZ working for the Lord.

What did I find? I found that it wasn't easy. I struggled. I worked. I experienced what it's like to battle hard with self and literally to give blood, sweat, and tears for souls. I've seen the battle between good and evil as I studied the Bible with people in their homes. I've had the privilege of watching God win many of these battles and using my feeble efforts as a part of it. I've been lonely, questioned my calling, and realized the danger of letting anything come between me and God. The past 2 years have held the biggest personal challenges, the hardest failures, and yet the greatest joys. And two years later, by God's grace, I find myself still standing - a little older and hopefully a little wiser.

What is life like these days? Well, my dual interest in business and ministry has converged. I now work at a school, SOULS West, that teaches young people how to do evangelism. I teach the very thing (Bible work) that I felt and still feel so inadequate to do. I am also the school business manager and get to stretch my brain around financial reporting, student finances, and logistical operations. I am constantly challenged by the large trust of mentoring and developing leaders. I just pray they don't turn out like me... :)

So to summarize this two year, bare-bones, bridge across time, life is hard, but God is good. I am not sure what the future of this blog will be. I have always gone back and forth between wanting to keep my thoughts private and feeling a burden to share some of my joys, struggles, and insights for the hopeful edification of others. I glean so much faith and encouragement from the journeys of others, and hopefully someone else can gain from mine as well.

God bless and happy new blog year,
~Michelle

Comments

Popular Posts